I Love You in Austin // Hasselblad 500 CM, Kodak Portra 400
Well look who we have here. I snapped this while we were doing a bit of exploring down in Austin, TX. And, as promised, here are 10 things about my partner in crime, Jordan. (See mine here)
1. Don’t talk to him while you are brushing your teeth. He hates it. Toothpaste sloshing around your mouth is completely disgusting to him.
2. Speaking of gross, never offer him gum. Especially cinnamon flavored. He can’t stand the stuff.
3. Enough with what he doesn’t like. What he DOES like: Cars. In particular, his Subaru WRX. Come summertime, he will be taking it to open races across Utah just to see how fast it really can go ;)
4. Jordan lived most of his childhood and teenage years in Wales, Wisconsin. He’s a cheesehead. No Wisconsin accent, though. Dontcha knyow!
5. He played the trumpet in school. But after he got braces, it was too painful to continue playing. He eventually ended up with drums, and was in a band called Push Button to Ignite. His band covered Island in the Sun by Weezer, which would be covered by his future-wife’s band, Coming from a Hippie in later years (true story).
6. He can grow one mean beard. We’re talking full out, thick, black, face hair with a sprinkling of white here and there. He’s pretty proud of it. But it does come in pretty fast. He will shave in the morning and have a 5 o’clock shadow within a few hours. And chances are, he doesn’t want to hear your beard joke.
7. Jordan loves watching old movies. He loves to see old actors like Clint Eastwood or Steve McQueen in their prime. He loves the nostalgia. And I think most of all, he just loves to see what filmmakers were able to accomplish in these films before the digital age.
8. He loves figuring out how things work. Studying things. On multiple occasions, he has pointed out some object/contraption/vehicle/bridge and will explain how it operates. In another life, perhaps he would be an engineer.
9. But in this life, he’s a filmmaker. He loves to create. To offer a new perspective. His favorite subject to film would be any action-related sport. Skateboarding, snowboarding, surfing, skydiving, racing, you name it. He believes there are great adventures to be had, and even greater stories to tell.
10. Lastly, he loves to make me laugh. That was one thing he wanted me to include on this list. And it’s true. He makes me laugh every single day.